Router Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would just take the pews and run them through the lunch box planer. Stack them up and then go buy a CNC machine and make all kinds of cool stuff with them. I have used refurbed wood on lots of projects. Garage sales and auctions net a lot of perfectly great wood that has finish on them. One needs to watch out for nails. I bought a entertainment stand that had 350.00 worth of red oak in it if I was to buy it for only 10.00 bucks. Those pews have a lot of value in them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Bauer Surface Conditioning Tool was reviewed by the Tool Bear over at Den of Tools. He thought that it was pretty good. Harbor Freight has upped its game over the past several years with the new product lines it has introduced (Hercules, Bauer, Warrior, Icon ...).

·
Registered
15 Posts
About the wand. I've owned a HF Cen-Tech Metal Detector Wand for a number of years and found it to be reliable and effective, finding nails, shards, and bits of fencing up to 1-1/2" below the surface. It was a pretty good $40 investment.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The Bauer Surface Conditioning Tool was reviewed by the Tool Bear over at Den of Tools. He thought that it was pretty good. Harbor Freight has upped its game over the past several years with the new product lines it has introduced (Hercules, Bauer, Warrior, Icon ...).
Thanks! I think I will buy one to strip the finish off of the curved sides of the bench backs. If I kill the tool I won't be out too much money. I could even get the HFT "warranty" on the tool, so if it burns up before I finish, they will give me another one. :ROFLMAO: Hmmm ... how many sanding drums for 103 16-foot benches .... I will start with ONE and see how far I get.

I wouldn't want to burn up the Eastwood Surface Conditioning tool. That would be 'Spensive, Lucy!

Joe

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
About the wand. I've owned a HF Cen-Tech Metal Detector Wand for a number of years and found it to be reliable and effective, finding nails, shards, and bits of fencing up to 1-1/2" below the surface. It was a pretty good $40 investment.
Also Harbor Freight, eh? Well, I will go there and get both tools. I sure don't want to send nails through my planer!

Joe

21 - 28 of 28 Posts