·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Sweet deal. Good for ya.

·
Registered
Theo
7,195 Posts
Looks like you got a good deal. Unused, eh? I never unpackage mine until I am ready to use them.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Very good price for 11 bits.

Freud bits?, maybe yes; maybe no.

Are the shanks marked? I have some Freud bits and the shanks are marked "Freud".

Do not go by color alone. Even though "red" is associated with Freud and orange' with CMT, do believe it is hard to say solely based on color. Imitators/importers know no bounds. Red and orange bits as well as various others colors can be found on eBay and Amazon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15Pc-1-2-S...937547&hash=item467a7684b5:g:GXwAAOSwsTdazGSk

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very good price for 11 bits.

Freud bits?, maybe yes; maybe no.

Are the shanks marked? I have some Freud bits and the shanks are marked "Freud".

Do not go by color alone. Even though "red" is associated with Freud and orange' with CMT, do believe it is hard to say solely based on color. Imitators/importers know no bounds. Red and orange bits as well as various others colors can be found on eBay and Amazon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15Pc-1-2-S...937547&hash=item467a7684b5:g:GXwAAOSwsTdazGSk
yes all 11 bits say freud on the shaft with model numbers

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
From the photo, you can see the Freud logo on two of the bits. If they are all indeed Frued, you got a great deal...yay!

It is a low resolution photo so it's kinda hard to be definitive, but the bits just look like a little old but could be "never used". If that is indeed the case...again, yay!

So put 'em to good use. Work wood, enjoy yourself and be safe. NICE SCORE:{)

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
so the ad said "11 Red Router Bits" $50 never used.... (no picture) I call her and ask what brand they might be she didn't know.....had to take a chance..........
I'd say Craftsman, all mine were the same shade of red, and Craftsman has used the same shade of red on many other things they sold, but, of course, Sears never made anything itself, they had manufacturers make the Sears/Craftsman products with their branding..:wink: and the Craftsman Professional bits if I remember correctly, had a Gold color, to distinguish them from these standard quality Craftsman bits.. although BOTH are very good!..

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
From the photo, you can see the Freud logo on two of the bits. If they are all indeed Frued, you got a great deal...yay!

It is a low resolution photo so it's kinda hard to be definitive, but the bits just look like a little old but could be "never used". If that is indeed the case...again, yay!

So put 'em to good use. Work wood, enjoy yourself and be safe. NICE SCORE:{)
yes they all say freud and a model number

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.