Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a woodworker of sorts, although measured by time spent it would appear that I prefer to be in my gardens. That said I have a nice shop with three routers among a number of other tools (table saw, drill press, jointer, etc.). To get back into wood working, I thought I would make a crumb catcher bread board, the kind where one routs out a set of parallel dadoes slightly over halfway through the board and then another set perpendicular to those on the other side, leaving a lattice.

So my first question is: is there a simple jig arrangement that would make these dadoes safely and cleanly. I am thinking of something on par with a box joint jig.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Peter

" So my first question is: is there a simple jig arrangement that would make these dadoes safely and cleanly. I am thinking of something on par with a box joint jig."

Yes, once you setup your router table with the brass guides the jigs will come easy :)
Like the one below, that you can make , the key is the brass guide.
Oak Park Enterprises Ltd.: Catalogue

=========

I am a woodworker of sorts, although measured by time spent it would appear that I prefer to be in my gardens. That said I have a nice shop with three routers among a number of other tools (table saw, drill press, jointer, etc.). To get back into wood working, I thought I would make a crumb catcher bread board, the kind where one routs out a set of parallel dadoes slightly over halfway through the board and then another set perpendicular to those on the other side, leaving a lattice.

So my first question is: is there a simple jig arrangement that would make these dadoes safely and cleanly. I am thinking of something on par with a box joint jig.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Peter and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
Hi Peter

Welcome to the forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts