Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember the good old days? Yeah, I know, I can't remember what I had for breakfast either, but I couldn't resist making this sign. Let's just call it a Biography on a Board —the short version. (My life has many stories ... some of them may even be true ... but none fit a such a small space.) :sarcastic:

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
right on...

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
And I had a helluva lot of fun!! Yeah I did!

Reactions: ksidwy

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Seems to me many of us were children of the 60s. Those who are probably enjoyed the most libertine time in modern history. I remember some of it, and it was a hell of a good time, with or without sawdust being involved.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I like a Jethro Tull song title, "Wounded, Old, and Treacherous".

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
I had a lot of fun too . I think it's the cause of my arthritis . Who knew we weren't bullet proof back then :(

Btw , great sign Oliver

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a lot of fun too . I think it's the cause of my arthritis . Who knew we weren't bullet proof back then :(

Btw , great sign Oliver
In my youth it only took a couple of beers to make me bullet proof and invisible. :sarcastic:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Well, I'm still not old.... lol

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Awesome job on the sign Oliver! Still using the 60 degree? And out of nosi- uhh curiosity, what type of wood are you using? Also just realized you're painting the edges... looks sharp

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Well, I'm still not old.... lol
nobody is that old...

old is............

when you’ve been there and done that, but don’t remember what that was.
when you knew when the Dead Sea was only sick.
when almost everything hurts, and what doesn’t hurt doesn’t work.
when the candles cost more than the cake.
when you hear your favorite songs in an elevator.
when there is nothing left to learn the hard way.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome job on the sign Oliver! Still using the 60 degree? And out of nosi- uhh curiosity, what type of wood are you using? Also just realized you're painting the edges... looks sharp
The wood is just a piece of cedar fence board, Barb, that I sanded smooth before transferring the pattern (with wintergreen oil). Yes, I used a 60º bit for the text. The image was carved with the SC-50 fine detail bit. The edge was chamfered with a 45º bit. I paint the edges so the sign visually has a frame which, to me, looks more finished.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
The wood is just a piece of cedar fence board, Barb, that I sanded smooth before transferring the pattern (with wintergreen oil). Yes, I used a 60º bit for the text. The image was carved with the SC-50 fine detail bit. The edge was chamfered with a 45º bit. I paint the edges so the sign visually has a frame which, to me, looks more finished.
Looks amazing... I like it. I've scalloped mine, but no paint because it would show any uneven cuts. Totally awesome job. Nice going! Can you post a pic of the sc50?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts