Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sears router recreator and have been using the craftsman router. Some time ago it seems I read were guys were replacing the router with a trimmer. I would like to know how it works and what kind of trimmer is best. Thanks fior any info.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Don

I used a Roto-Zip because it has a bigger frame and fit right into the " recreator" I don't see why a Colt would not work also but I'm cheap SOB the Roto-zip is lower in cost than most trim routers..and will take on 1/4" shank bits as well as 1/8" shank bits..

==========

I have a Sears router recreator and have been using the craftsman router. Some time ago it seems I read were guys were replacing the router with a trimmer. I would like to know how it works and what kind of trimmer is best. Thanks fior any info.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob. I have had this thing for a long time and finally getting around to the place I want to use it to repro some carvings. Still have have some trouble getting it in good alignment. Will stop out a Lowes one of these days and see if they have one of those.
Don

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Your Welcome Don

The one I use is older model and didn't come with a VS device but I added a router speed control box to keep from burning up bits and from burning the wood..

You can find the older model for about 25.oo bucks and the box for about 20.oo bucks that's helps with the bottom line thing..

Router Speed Control

====

Thanks Bob. I have had this thing for a long time and finally getting around to the place I want to use it to repro some carvings. Still have have some trouble getting it in good alignment. Will stop out a Lowes one of these days and see if they have one of those.
Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.