Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The insert on my table saw is bent. Trying to bend it back just made it worse. This isn't merely a plate of metal cut to fit; it's about 1/"4" thick and has height adjust screws. It's for a Craftsman 10" Model #152.221140 and the official part number for the insert is 27509.00. It appears to be no longer available. The Amazon reviews for the one I did find are terrible.

What would you all recommend? I made a zero clearance insert out of MDF with tape under it to get it level. This seems to work pretty well. Is there a company that makes aftermarket inserts that fit?

I guess my other option is to get some aluminum plate and make one. I have a metal milling machine. But, before I go to the effort, I thought I'd see if anyone knew of a replacement.

·
Premium Member
Frank
368 Posts
I have used the existing plate as a template to make inserts from 1/2” Baltic birch plywood. I used the router to mill the waste from the bottom. Then I run the piece through the drum sander to get flat to top of table saw. I have also purchased replacements from Peachtree. It was expensive, but it works. It does not have leveling screws. It screws down to the table on both ends.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Roland Johnson's post is your best bet, however, I'd use half inch Baltic Birch instead of MDF. Drill a slightly undesized hole for the set screws.
I'd use Baltic Birch too if I had it but for the cost and shipping it's not an option for me. and your right about the undersized hole for the set screws, it don't take much.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I've used plywood for any extra inserts I've needed. Drop a spot of hot melt glue on the four corners and press it into place quickly. When it sets it's just the right fit. You can heat it and add or adjust it anytime.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Decent plywood has long been outrageously expensive in this geography, and I have read with envy the posts of DesertRat Tom and others. Am I to understand that it has become very expensive in North America as well?

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
I go along with the crowd, if I want/need one, I make one.

Reactions: Roland Johnson
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.