Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Marian,

Welcome to Router Forums. Please take a moment to update your profile (see "Edit Profile" in the upper right of your screen just below your sign on ID) Doing this will put your first name in the box to the left of your posts where N/a is presently located. We already have way too many members with that first name.

A former friend of mine made the Pan Am China Clipper model that's in the Smithsonian, but you are a few years too late for him to be able to help you.

We have quite a few woodworkers and model makers here, so one of them might be able to help you. Just check back over the next few days to see if one of them has responded. By the way, what airplane do you want modeled, and are you sure you want 1:1? A full size airplane takes a lot of time to build, even if it won't be flown.

Charley

·
Registered
Theo
7,195 Posts
By the way, what airplane do you want modeled, and are you sure you want 1:1? A full size airplane takes a lot of time to build, even if it won't be flown.
Yeah. I just did a search looking for time to build, and cost, of a WWI plane - figured that was about as simple as you can get. Only thing I found really that a flyable WWI replica would take 2 years working full time every day. Didn't say if that was a kit (they do sell them), or from scratch. Also did not say if that was by one man, or more. I was trying to find time, so didn't look into pricing on anything, whatever, won't be cheap I'll bet. Even with a non-flying plane, it will take time, and a good chunk of money, full size at least. I would say a large model would be more likely to be able for one man to make, faster to make, and cost a lot less.

Oh yeah, where is this museum, and its name?

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Can anyone from here build/make for me as a sponsorship/donation a 1:1 aircraft replica for static display into a 100% nonprofit aviation museum ? Thank you.
what aircraft are you wanting???

Reactions: MEBCWD

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
welcome to the forum N/A...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marian,

Welcome to Router Forums. Please take a moment to update your profile (see "Edit Profile" in the upper right of your screen just below your sign on ID) Doing this will put your first name in the box to the left of your posts where N/a is presently located. We already have way too many members with that first name.

A former friend of mine made the Pan Am China Clipper model that's in the Smithsonian, but you are a few years too late for him to be able to help you.

We have quite a few woodworkers and model makers here, so one of them might be able to help you. Just check back over the next few days to see if one of them has responded. By the way, what airplane do you want modeled, and are you sure you want 1:1? A full size airplane takes a lot of time to build, even if it won't be flown.

Charley
Thank you again for your good thoughts and positive attitude , Charley. I will check back of course in a few days and respond with the model type and 3D files only to people who are strongly motivated to do so. I mean no offence but in my country and in other countries many people made many promises to help me but they didn't kept their word. It will be a nicely done WW2 fighter replica ( the length will be 6 to 7 meters long maximum) from plywood, polystyrene or fiberglass. The 3D frame(the body) will be split into small pieces, every piece will be cut on the CNC and then all the pieces assembled (like lego or puzzle pieces) . I would have done it myself, but in my country (Romania) people who have CNCs work for their own manufacturing companies and usually they are scumbag communist thinkers. What the heck, this is my beautiful land with ugly people. Thank you all for your support and help. Don't worry about the shipping, I will take care of it also. With a team of 3 people , it can be done in less than one month !!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can anyone from here build/make for me as a sponsorship/donation a 1:1 aircraft replica for static display into a 100% nonprofit aviation museum ? Thank you.
what aircraft are you wanting???
If you are strongly motivated and dead serious please send me a PM. A WW2 fighter replica (maximum length will be 6 to 7 meters) !!!

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
If you are strongly motivated and dead serious please send me a PM. A WW2 fighter replica (maximum length will be 6 to 7 meters) !!!
it won't be me... I'm the least motivated person you'll ever meet...
just trying to to get more information for the readership so they have some kind of idea what yur looking for...
you are some what vague...

could you at least fill in your basic profile...
which WWII craft specifically do you have in mind/want...
the smallest one I could find is a Yak-3 at 8.5m...
so is the scale acutally other than 1:1???

shipping is one thing...
who is paying for the material, you, is it out of pocket or donated by others???
paint??? who does that..
specifically, where will it end up???...

w/o root information you won't get much in the line of responses that you looking for...

·
Registered
Mike
3,959 Posts
You're asking for someone to make you a $250,000-$500,000 model for free.
That's what it sounds like to me!

Why not just buy one that is no longer working for about the same price or less than it will cost to make a model?

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
That's what it sounds like to me!

Why not just buy one that is no longer working for about the same price or less than it will cost to make a model?
I think they don't want to by anything...
you can and give it to them...

Reactions: MEBCWD

·
Registered
Theo
7,195 Posts
You're asking for someone to make you a $250,000-$500,000 model for free.
I don't think it would cost that much, after all, basically it would just be a hollow shell. Don't need fiberglass, just stretch light canvas or cloth over a frame then paint it (poor man's fiberglass). But anyway you look at it its going to cost more than just pocket change.

A 3 man crew to make it, complete with CNC work, in a month, eh? I don't see it. Could quite possibly find 3, or more, willing to work on it. But how would you find them close enough to work together, we have members from a goodly number of countries, hard to coordinate working, even if they could afford the time and money to travel. Even in the States, be hard to fine 3 close enough to work together. And sounds like you figure all would have CNC machines. Possibly they would, but I think highly likely not. And if they did I think it would not be feasible to take a machine to a common work place, so CNC work would have to be at their home shops, which would mean a lot of time traveling, and gas money. I think there is going to have to be a whole lot of prior planning before any work on this could be started. I would say it would pretty much have to be done indoors, so that means time finding a place to work, and rental costs for that. Hmmm, take apart and put together. Hmmm. OK, detailed plans to whoever wants to work on it, then each person makes his/her part of the jigsaw puzzle, ships the finished part out, then it is all put together wherever. Just like they used to make things long ago, home shops, as in gun making - one family makes hammers, another makes triggers, and so on. Then the armory or whatever puts all the pieces together, and viola, a musket. Likely get a lot more volunteers that way, and should work. I am not volunteering by the way.

Reactions: Nickp

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wonder if a project like that could be split up into say 500 or more pieces with many people making one or two parts with their individual skills. All parts could then be assembled at the final location. Although probably not a viable solution, that would take some pretty detailed plans and good project management, it's an intriguing idea. Oh, and don't ask me to be the project manager :)

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
If I am correct,you are saying that you are looking for 3 or so many people to cut out the parts to this plane to your plans and spec.s and then you would pay to have these part shipped to you and you and a team would assemble them together.
Herb

·
Registered
Theo
7,195 Posts
Whoever decides to work on this, just remember - we want pictures.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.