Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day, My name is Mike and I have just begun to do some wood working in my shop at home. Just retired from working 36 years at one job and thought that working with something else besides electronics would be intriging. I worked at a defense communications and product division in Tampa Florida and recently move to Palm Bay after retirement. Calibration Lab manager, Failure Analysis Lab Manager, ESD Chairman, Receiving Inspection supplier Engineering, and worked on many different types of electronic ATE's ( Automatic Test Equipment ). Just thought I'd like to join one of the forums on woodworking so that I might learn basics. Right now I'm trying to work with a Roman Ogee routing some 25 year old Red Wood and seems to be a little difficult. Plus not sure what a "proper" piece of routed wood would look like so that I know I have the height correct. There is a "lip" on bottom of wood and one on top of wood about same thickness. Is that correct? or should the top of the wood be smooth to side sloping down to bottom?

Any help appreciated - figured I would tackle one bit at a time....

Mike

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
14,940 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike and thank you for completing your profile. The general feeling here is that a picture is worth a thousand words, and so that you can reach the required ten posts before you can post photographs, simply reply to several posts. You soon won't feel like a stranger here because there are many retired electronics men here, myself included. There are also members with skills in many other fields and we have the lobby where almost anything can be discussed. I'm sure that a photo of your problem will bring forth many answers.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi

You don't need to have 10 posted items to post pictures you can do it right off the bat.

===

Welcome to the forum Mike and thank you for completing your profile. The general feeling here is that a picture is worth a thousand words, and so that you can reach the required ten posts before you can post photographs, simply reply to several posts. You soon won't feel like a stranger here because there are many retired electronics men here, myself included. There are also members with skills in many other fields and we have the lobby where almost anything can be discussed. I'm sure that a photo of your problem will bring forth many answers.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
14,940 Posts
Hi

You don't need to have 10 posted items to post pictures you can do it right off the bat.

===
How long has it been like that Bob?

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Harry

For a very long time :) but you can't use a off site to hold your pictures ( a URL thing comes into play ) .
see the Introductions folder on the forum and you will see many.

It's that way so they can upload a Avatar if they want to. :)

======

How long has it been like that Bob?

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
14,940 Posts
Probably because of the distance Bob, things take quite a while to reach downunder!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts