Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Good idea but agree whole heartedly with Dan.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
He used green so it was much more like watching grass grow.

I had a good tip from my father who attended many wood working classes.
Get the hands on stuff right up front and save the details (here we would read: rambling) for later.

When I taught a one day seminar on glass etching that's what I did. No long discourse on grit size, pressure, sources of materials etc ad nauseum.

"Watch me etch letters on a coffee cup" No longer than 2 minutes later: "Now you do it"

·
Registered
655 Posts
Or ya just buy the right size PVC, I found PVC drainage pipe is the right size, to slip over the waste gates and other dust collection fittings.

Its in the garden section, not plumbing of the big box stores.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I think I'll just call this guy "Slappy". He couldn't place anything down without slapping in onto the tabletop or the roll-a-way.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hey, Gary; yes, it was. But the presentation got in the way. Not your fault; thanks for bringing this info up!
I had questions that were never answered basically because the presenter hadn't gone to the effort of doing a production script.
I'm really happy to have been exposed to the concepts, but...

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
He was using schedule 40, I think, and the white pipe usually fits most DC fittings, but not always the flex hoses. They seem to have their own definition of 4" diam., anything between 3 1/2" and 4 1/2". I see where the idea is useful, and it could have been presented better. I like short and sweet myself.

Herb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts