Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first design for my retiring brother in law. Done in 1 inch thick oak 16x11. Had help from John my coach. Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,430 Posts
Looks really nice Mark . I'm sure happy to see your up and running . Looks like you have the hang of it already ;)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Looks terrific. He will be a very happy man. What bit(s) did you use?

Reactions: Scottart

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Great job Mark. He is really going to appreciate your work.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Nicely done Mark. I'm sure your bro-in-law will really appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
He's off and running................ broke a couple bits, generated a little saw dust, made food for the fire pit that he's going to get, learned a little about wood, learned patience painting and staining, called his computer names - then made nice with said computer, discovered machines can have malfunctions, and found hope, disappointment, frustration, new found abilities, and satisfaction all in one week long experience. And your wife is still speaking to you. I think you're on track, Mark! Just keep plugging along one step at a time.

Got to go to Florida, Alaska, Kansas, Texas, and wherever the next Vectric meeting is. Gonna have to go back to work to afford all this.

HJ

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Florida,, dang.. I am going to have to get me some of that..

Scott,

Florida in February or March in exchange for a few lessons and advice.

You could be on to something.

HJ

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice job, Mark. Gonna be fun watching the results of your learning curve. (Can't wait to start mine) Artie

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
John forgot to remention I learned about clamps. This learning curve has been great. I can't wait to give the plaque to my b i law tomorrow night at dinner. I am already planning stuff as my wife calls it just to watch the machine work and to learn aspire. Once I get comfortable with a processing 2 d i am going to explore more 3d. Once again anyone coming to Ft Myers Florida dinner is on me.
Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts