Router Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,520 Posts
Wow, This old thread almost brought a tear to my eye. Lots of friends in this conversation who have passed on.
Yikes , that would be depressing. I wish you guys weren’t so darn old sometimes

Reactions: kp91

·
Registered
135 Posts
it's impossible, unless you have the system custom made from a manufacturer, it would be VERY unsafe for someone to try this without the proper skills. the fan in the router would also have to be reversed, as well as the threads on the armature and chuck,(you can't have that loosing up because of the reverse rotation). and you'd have to have special bits made..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am currently running a counter clock wise router to install into my holzher bander ... They make a reverse cut blade of the bottom trim router ... I am switching the start wires and that changes the direction of the router ... this is a makita trim router. Holzher doesn’t make the router anymore and no more to be bought so no option ...

·
Registered
587 Posts
The last time I used an edge hander in commercial the edge banded was a cutoff wheel and the blades alone were $175 and the cutoff tool was $375....

Have you checked Woodweb or ebay for a used part? Or checked into a rebuilt unit?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The last time I used an edge hander in commercial the edge banded was a cutoff wheel and the blades alone were $175 and the cutoff tool was $375....

Have you checked Woodweb or ebay for a used part? Or checked into a rebuilt unit?
Been searching for 2 years. Have to buy another old machine for parts. This is the bottom trim router not cut off those all work

·
Registered
7 Posts
Because there are so many people out there with these old machines. I’m going to say this is a Holzher 1403. Replaced lower trim router with a makita rt0701c
You have to take the unit apart
Disconnect the wires to the coil and swap them one of the wires goes to a brush the other is a power feed. And this will swap the rotation of the motor ...

As for fittings. Holzher uses a metric Colette but you can buy a 1/4 extension that will adjust to the metric bit. Put some lock tight on the threads and crank her down ...

The base make sure everything is centered there is some adjustment room on the machine but not a lot ... the base from router is aluminum so it’s easy to drill and thread. ...

good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am building a duplicator that will cut two pieces at one time. I am trying to find a router that counter spins so I will have one router spinning clockwise and the other counter clockwise.

I have had no luck finding one. I know they are available but can't find any. I have read up a little on reversing the spin on a router but I am not sure if that is the route I want to go. Safety reasons and all.

Thanks.

One way to have this done is set one router up and the other one down ..not sure if your setup will accept this ...I have done it and it works but the piece your routering needs to be really Square. Good luck.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,304 Posts
21 - 35 of 35 Posts