Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would give it a 4 out of 5 rating. I believe it will improve my productivity and accuracy . The product came well packaged inside a plastic tube with end caps and two zippy lock bags of parts. This made easier to unpack. No instructions but intuitive to assemble. The 8 ft pro pack comes with plastic arms that formed to be flush with the bottom of the jig. They did sell them as an accessory and I would have ordered but could no longer find. They may not come with 8 ft anymore either. I have several other projects it will be handy. The other side of the jig has a center finding scale.

·
Registered
Theo
7,195 Posts
Interesting. I had only know of homemade ones, before this forum.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
The precise repeatability is certainly a good thing. It wouldn't take a whole lot of use to justify the price.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Charles almost every project it will be used. My neighbor is building a ladder desk and shelf's. I'm gluing up the pine boards to make the desk shelf. I used the my story stick to layout the dowel holes worked perfectly accept i did not drill the holes deep enough. I must have bought longer dowels than the last time I used the jig. Just a miner set back.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Gary,

I've had one for a while and it sure does make it easy to get exact duplicate spacing from one side of a cabinet to the other. I made a little cabinet for the shop with six drawers, and used it to layout the location of the rails and the centerlines of the drawer slides. I didn't have enough tabs so had to do the layout in two steps - rails and then slide centers - but it gave me an exact mirror from one side to the other. I've never used it to measure inside/outside dimensions as they show in their videos - I have the Lee Valley Bar Gauge Heads Veritas® Bar Gauge Heads - Lee Valley Tools.

Workbench Tool Table Wood Furniture

Screwing the rails in place using a block clamped to the layout line to stop it from moving. You can see the lines for the center of the slides as it was easier to lay them out before installing the rails.

Wood Plywood Hardwood Furniture

With the rails in place and the top and bottom attached. Then it has to be flipped over and set down on the second side - it's a little tricky picking up the first side with the rails attached and then dropping it down on the second side, I had to have a block clamped at each rail location and a bead of glue on the face of the side - and then work fast.

Wood Hardwood Plywood Furniture Floor

All the drawers installed. I'd laid out the center of the slides on the drawers, screwed them to the drawers using the slotted holes so I could fine tune the spacing once the drawers were in place.

Typical Woodpecker quality, well designed, and worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tom that's my plan most cases it will be a two step process. Not long enough in the couple of project coming up. Worked perfect for doweling job . Drilled the holes deeper and all is waiting for glue to dry. Then rip to length.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.