Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Artcam

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I hope you're all well. My team at a company is setting up a CNC machine and we're all fairly first time users. The machine is the 1325 CNC Router ATC. We have to make details, carvings and patterns on wood/MDF. We also make furniture parts.
We're debating between Artcam and Rhinocam (stl files made and transferred from Autodesk CAD for both programs). Artcam seems simpler to use but Rhinocam seems to have more detailed functions to help make toolpaths efficient and reduce production times. Is this true?
Can the Community help us decide between the two?

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,276 Posts
From what I know ArtCAM is no longer being offered, discontinued in 2018, and has migrated into Vectric and Carveco. Rhinocam is a plug-in that runs inside or along with Rhino. Not having used Rhino in any capacity but having seen some videos I would say it is the more robust of the two you mentioned.

Edit: If you're using AutoCAD for your design work then you might consider Fusion 360 for its CAM module (also an Autodesk product). There's a free version for hobbyists but it sounds like you'll need the subscription version which is anywhere from $400 to $500 annually. That's the one I use for most of my work and the CAM portion is very powerful.

·
Official Greeter
19,858 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts