Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fairly large quantity of floor blocks, which I had to lift. It is Rhodesian (Or Zimbabwe) teak and was attached tom the floor with bitumen. I do not want to get rid of this as it is a love wood. Any suggestions what I can do with it?

Best regards

James

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum, James.

What are the dimensions of the blocks?

·
Registered
Mike
3,790 Posts
Welcome to the forum, James.

What are the dimensions of the blocks?
Hi James,

Welcome to the Router Forums.

If we know what size the blocks are maybe someone can come up with a project idea for you. If you post pictures of the wood it would also help spur someone's imagination or jog their memory about a project they have made or seen.

I know I'm thinking jewelry, jewelry boxes, accent tables, dining tables, wall panels, curio cabinets, .....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a fairly large quantity of floor blocks, which I had to lift. It is Rhodesian (Or Zimbabwe) teak and was attached tom the floor with bitumen. I do not want to get rid of this as it is a love wood. Any suggestions what I can do with it?

Best regards

James
I prefer to make some kind of side table or piece of furniture. The size of the blocks are 230 x 75 x 20. Because the bottom and sides are shaped, the block will have to be smaller than this.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

James

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
The size of the blocks are 230 x 75 x 20

I would call those "short boards", not blocks.

can you get them to an even thickness of, say, 15mm? You may be able to join them into panels if you want to make furniture, chests or boxes.

·
Registered
522 Posts
What about making a table top with them? Use a substrate like plywood to give you a base to glue the blocks onto and to set the overall dimensions.

Use a scraper to finish the top.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about making a table top with them? Use a substrate like plywood to give you a base to glue the blocks onto and to set the overall dimensions.

Use a scraper to finish the top.
Like this idea. I will start with a small side table and will report back!

Thanks

James

1 - 8 of 8 Posts