Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was asked to make a cribbage board for Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation auction in Montana by my BIL. Actually made 2. First one, made from .75" maple cupped terribly after carvng (even after being sealed) despite wood being in my shop for 2+ years. Was able to get it to lay flat again, but was not confident that it would stay, so I took Honest John's advice and bought a !' pine round from Menards to make the second one.

Going to send both, hope they do well. Was quite pleased for my first go around..

Attachments

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
Super impressive Dave . I used to hear people talk about this game ,but have no idea how it works .
Love the art work in yours , wow !

·
Registered
Paul
2,100 Posts
Beautiful boards, Dave. Shame about the warping on the maple one.

It's probably been about two decades since I played that very good game.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Cribbage, no thanks I ain't hungry....have no idea how to play but can say that the design and execution of the boards look great. With the elk in the design it should feel very at home in Montana. Great job.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Beautiful project. The carvings came out looking great. I haven't played cribbage in 30 years but I grew up playing it with my family.

I may have to carve one just for nostalgia. Of course won't be nearly as nice as yours.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.