Router Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21,853 Posts
I'm about to sell my Rockler jig at a public yard sale. New, in box, undropped. After watching a demo by someone who owned one and watching them struggle with it's unintuitive setup, I went with a Sommerfeld Katey Jig. This is the new type which I find much easier to use. You place the wood in, move the jig around the bit in the table. Safer too. There are a couple of other brands with the same setup. Leigh makes both a 12 and a 24 inch version. They are not cheap, the 24 inch going for near $500 new. Don't know if you'll find any used, their users seem VERY happy with them. I didn't need the large size, and I really like Sommerfeld tools.

Here are two videos of the Katey Jig where Marc Sommerfeld shows how to use it. He's a former cabinet maker and his technique is really good and worth watching. It's in 2 parts. The Leigh is used in a similar way.

BTW, the 12 inch Sommerfeld jig is $240, Sommerfeld's New Dovetail Jig

PART 1 of 2

PART 2 of 2

As mentioned elsewhere, Leigh has videos on YouTube. I posted Marc's videos because they are very direct and I have learned a lot from them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.