Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
due to my in experience, has anyone ever built the cd/dvd tower offered through rockler??? they offer the plan for free and the question i have is what is the best way to apply screws in the base of the unit so it does not wobble. with it being 6 ft in height it seems that it would wobble. the thickness of the wood is 3/4" thick and is there a certain procedure that i should follow to fasten the screws???

shawn

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just looked at the plan and the screws are put in from the bottom. Using flat head screws, properly countersunk into the bottom will not cause the tower to wobble.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you pop!! does the length of screws matter? should they be a few inches or not even that?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Refering to figure 2 of the plan the bottom is made up of two pieces (D & E) stacked and the main box (C) attached to them. I would use yellow wood glue between C & D and 2" flat head construction screws countersunk below the surface. To attach E to D use yellow wood glue & 1 1/4" flat head construction screws countersunk flush. The location of the screws is indicated on the drawing. Don't forget to drill pilot holes for the screws.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts