Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..of all the tools in the shop, my router is the one collecting dust. you see,I've had nothing but bad experiences with it. it has a mind of it's own,it seems to me.. and I screw up practically every board I've ever put it on. I have a shaper, but it's a pain to switch from cutters to bits. some one tell me the secret to that beast, please, as I know it' has many uses. for chamfers, I now use hand planes...and love that, but for Ogees, et.al, hand planes don't cut it. I'm actually intimidated,as wood cost too much to trash...and time too valuable to waste re-making boards. I'm hoping there's guidance out there. Thanks in advance..... Butch

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fellows for the responses... as for DVDs, I've only have Norms'101 dvd... it helped a tad, but hands on is the only way to learn for me. I REALLY would like to be proficient with the router, as I see MANY uses for it...ONCE you become proficient. I will read the Blog(I'm new to Blogs,too) :eek: so please bear with me, as I WILL ask a question in a new york minute!! I was raised around this, but took other avenues of interest with my time... now, you can hear me say..."I wished that I'd had..."
you all the know the story.... ;)
Thanks again. Butch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.