Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New to using a router. I'm looking to learn different tips and techniques. Also have a project that would be perfect if I can find te right router bits.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
I consider a router the most fun tool in the shop. And welcome aboard. First tip, keep your fingers away from the whirley part. No one can tell you what bits to use unless they know what you want to do.

If you're planning on a router table, I highly recommend making your own. There's a thread showing different router tables people here made, someone should have the link. Doesn't need to be fancy, just to do what YOU want it to do, which is one reason I made mine without using plans. Mine is maybe 10 years old, Gen 4 or 5, and I'd be surprised if I have $10 in it - did buy bolts, nuts, washers.

Reactions: jj777746 and kp91

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to router forum.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,545 Posts
Welcome to the forum . A first name would always be nice to know you by :)

·
Premium Member
20,509 Posts
Nice you could join in the fun. What are you making? Any profile you're trying to make. If you have a picture on your hard drive, you can post it. That would really help.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.