Router Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really enjoying the forum so far. I am reaching out in this post to ask if there's such a bit as a round over bit with rows of decorative Beading?

Appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jeff. Do you have any examples of the design you're looking for? Dimension would help as well.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Really enjoying the forum so far. I am reaching out in this post to ask if there's such a bit as a round over bit with rows of decorative Beading?

Appreciate any feedback.
Welcome to the forum, Jeff. I hope you continue to enjoy it. There's lots of good information and help here.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Roxanne! That Diablo is very close to what I am looking for...I may try it for flat beading. I don't know why, but beading has that old school look that appeals to me.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the response Chris. Here's a rough sketch of what I am trying to find. This is a 1" sketch, but ideally I would be looking for smaller if they exist. Fewer beads would also be acceptable.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks sreilly! I posted a sample sketch of what I am looking for below. This sketch was a 1" corner, but ideally I would like to go smaller. Fewer beads would also be acceptable.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for your reply...this is a rough sketch of what I'm looking for. Fewer beads would be acceptable. This is a 1 inch corner, but I am looking for smaller round overs if they exist.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Jeff,
I believe the geometry of a single round over bit, as you have sketched it, is impossible. Beading bits can only work on one plane & each bead on a round over would lie on a different plane. The only work around that I can visualize would be to cut a regular round over & then use a scratch stock to shape each individual bead. This would be a tedious operation that would require a different set-up for each bead, something that I would only attempt if I had a commission to repair a valuable antique for someone who had deep pockets.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Paul

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Only way I can think of to do this is to have a custom blade made for a hand plane, then build a jig to hold the material in place and guide the plane.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts