Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this base plate and am in the process of mounting it in a new 3/4" MDF tabletop..

Using the Rousseau template, I've gotten the hole routed out, and am working on the rabbet.. I'm to the point where 3 corners are flush, and one where the plate is a little high.. Questions:

1. Do many of you rout the rabbet a bit deep, and then install the adjusting screws? Seems like the only solution..

2. How the heck do you get the center rings out of the plate?

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Mike, if you followed the instructions for setting the bit depth the entire plate should sit a hair below the table surface. The leveling screws are adjusted to bring it flush. You may need to make your cut a hair deeper. Remember when you are adjusting the level to use your straight edge at diagonals over the corners, not across the center which is slightly higher. The rings simply snap apart. They are very snug from the factory, you may need to smack them with a mallet the first few times.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike..
It seems the double sided tape that came with the template is slightly thicker with 1 or 2 of the pieces, or the template itself is.. The front left corner is the higher one..
I routed the rabbet high at first, then adjusted 1/64th or so for each succesive pass, getting it to where I am now..

Going to have a fine meal prepared by Judy, and have at it again..

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Billy, some of the plates (when new) are so tight you need a mallet the first time you remove the rings. After that they snap in and out like they are supposed to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.