Router Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always like seeing those vintage pieces of Americana, and decided Prof. Henry's Museum of Dubious Authenticity needed a new exhibit. Naturally, as the curator, The Professor spared no expense to search the country for a prime sample of the revered Route 66 sign. (At least that's his story.) The video may reveal something a different tale.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Better than the real deal...

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,358 Posts
Rusted plywood? Now I have truly seen everything!! :grin:

I like that paint erasing bit, it seems to work rather nicely. :wink:

I've never tried an O flute bit on anything except plastic but it appears to work just fine on that plywood.

Great job, as usual, Oliver!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I was 9 when my mom bought her first car, a brand new 1967 Ford Falcon, 170 CI straight six with three-on-a-tree shifting, AM radio, vinyl floor mats and a spare tire. $1,950.00 and some small change out the door. Only ONE WEEK after learning how to drive, she loaded my sister and me into the car, and we took off on a road trip to Colorado. We took Route 66 most of the way. I remember the wooden slingshot, the Indian drum, the wooden snake, and other things she bought for me from Stuckey's. Howard Johnsons, Motel 6 when it really WAS $6.95 per night for a room, The AAA TripTIK, $4.50 to fill up the tank, no A/C ... ahh the memories!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Good morning Oliver,

I am very impressed! Very creative and thought out.
Makes me wonder how I could create that on my Epliog Laser now.
Keep up the great work and thanks for the Video and steps in what
come out to be a "WORK OF ART"

Kind regards,

Tim of ZWW&S

Reactions: Gaffboat

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought it was real till I actually read the post lol
That's exactly why it is such a perfect exhibit addition to the Museum of Dubious Authenticity. It has verisimilitude. The Professor's guideline for most of his projects. :smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.