Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. new to this forum but I'm in need of some help, or a return... I have a makita rt0701c compact router and I've used it q couple times now and going to remove the bit I fully removed the collet nut, however the collet and bit are stuck in the router. any advice on this or is a repair required? thanks!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
If you type in "Stuck Bit" in search you will find several suggestions on getting the bit out. I'm too embarrassed to tell how I get mine out........ I'll let Peter, Paul and Mary sing it.........

I'd ------ --- danger, I'd ------ --- a warning
I'd ------ --- love between my brothers and my sisters all over this land

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Not that I have ever needed to tried this...... so I'm not guaranteeing the result, but if you were to find a very solid piece of wood, lay it on a solid surface, and drop the router point first onto it.
The shock should jar the collet loose, like a slide hammer in reverse.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I'll tell you what I have done several times and it has always worked. I put the bit in a vise and turn it on. A router especially a small one does not have as much torque as an electric drill. If that scares you then somehow rig up a vise grip in combination with the vise and plug it in from a distance.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I have found if you tap the bit in with a block of wood it should release. If that doesn't work clamp a pair of vise grips on the shank of the bit and tap on them with a hammer to jar the bit loose. Hope that helps. Welcome to the forum.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,022 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts