Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the taste of saw dust in the air, but if my tools are dull then all I smell is burnt wood. Because of this I started to sharpen my bits and one thing led to another and now thats what I do. My wife does most of the wood cutting now but at least we can spend more time together. We started this adventure in Montana a few years ago. If you need help keeping your tools razor sharp I can help.

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for joining us, n/a .

You will find many on the forum, from hobbyists
to professional with similar interest in the router and its uses.

Take the time to learn how the forum works and ask any questions you want.

Try to post your question in the most appropriate section as not all members
read the Introductions section.

The members are only too happy to help.

·
Registered
87 Posts
RMCE,

I want to welcome you for joining and hope you find what your wanting/needing or looking for,

So if i may ask how did you come to be sharping the tools and your wife working with the wood now, are you now a full time bit sharpening dude, lol, would you consider sharing how you sharpen bits and blades, any advice would, well for me, be of great value and interest in the know how to do type thing,

GRLevel3 aka Poppa Rob

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
since i tend to buy cheap blades, the cost of sharpening them plus sending them back and forth is certain to be more than if i just bought new blades.

now if you lived nearby, then i could certainly see myself coming to you with my dull stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes our goverment in its wisdom has let cheap junk into every corner of our lives, but we ask for it. Most router bits have a carbide insert that does the cutting. Most compression bits are solide carbide. The USPS has a low cost shipping method $5.75 if it fits. Why throw tools away when they can be recycled or sharpened? We live in a disposable world

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure what Rocker sells.I invested in a 7 axis grinder. The only limitation on what can be sharpened ones ability. Darex also makes a nice product whish can do forstner bits.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew people who were having their bits sharpened and not happy with the results. I seen a opptunity and I wanted to do something different. I can explain the process but special equipment is needed to sharpen tools. I'm happy to share what ever I can

1 - 8 of 8 Posts