Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hank; welcome to the Forum! Or should I say 'Shalom'? :)

There's been a lot of discussion here re dust control. The long and the short of it is, given some space and shekels, running a minimum of 4" ducting to a cyclone type lid on a garbage can, then to your dust collector, will give you the cleanest return air with the least amount of chips/dust in the dust collector bag.
Everything else is icing on the cake.
Until you get your system up and running, please try and wear a Type 95 dust mask at the very least. Wood dust and your lungs are not compatible. :)
J. Phil Thien's Projects

Cheers
-Dan

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Mike; correct me if I'm wrong Hank, but importing into Israel is horrendously expensive.
Also, there's the issue of compatibility with their electrical system, perhaps?
Seems to me I'd heard that Israel was drastically reducing their tarriff barriers; is that true, Hank?
What is available, manufacturer wise?

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Dan, Hank already has a vacuum. No electrical parts on the separators.
Hi Mike; badly stated on my part...my apologies.
I don't think he bought the 3000w yet, but was looking for options. I brought that up because sometimes the o.p's point of origin isn't noticed...I've certainly done that myself.

Hopefully Hank picks up his mail, and lets us know what's available over there(?).

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hank; isn't the 50Hz, as opposed to the N. American 60Hz, an issue? Especially with electronic components like speed control and soft start?
With dust/chip collection the larger the ducting the better. Air volume is hugely important. Could you put a sound deadening enclosure around the 3000W one?
Not block it off obviously but maybe a fibreglass blanket inside a 1/2" plywood box with a baffle vent? Or exhaust it outside?

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
No Dan, htz is not an issue with most power tools. Dust collection depends on the vacuum type as to which diameter hose will perform the best.
I was actually referring to Hank's router(s), Mike, not the vacuum m/c on the Hz issue.
If the vacuum is being used to pull air from the dust collector, volume rather than pressure will be paramount will it not? Wouldn't the design be such as to permit the maximum airflow the vacuum can pull, resistance from pipe diameter and corrugations being limiting factors?
I've been dithering over whether to use permanently fixed 4" or 6" PVC for my 1 1/2HP DC. I keep thinking the 6" is overkill, until I hear contrary opinions.
Maybe the 4" is 'good enough' (?).

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
" ...Especially with electronic components like speed control and soft start?"
Dick, as I mentioned in my last post (ships that pass in the night) I was speaking to the electronics aspect of some power tools, not the vacuum cleaner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.