Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings and thanks for any help. Just looking into CNC routing for 2 different business we have. Can I please get some feedback on brands and models for one machine that can do both - 1 - Kitchen cabinets and 2 - 063 aluminum sheet for electrical boxes. Have not done CNC routing before but have worked with computers as we as equipment for years. Looking to get into CNC slowly and work up in run quantities. Run quantity for now might be a couple of average kitchen cabinet jobs a month as well as a few hundred 18" x 18" electrical boxes a month which I assume is very low product runs. Assume the best table size is 4 x 8 since that is normal stock sheet sizes I have always encountered? Very familiar with windows operating systems and hope software is windows based. What are good brands to look at please and which models would be good starter models but hold up well enough to get our feet wet and then upgrade in a year or 2 to a more robust, higher production model? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
265 Posts
The CAMaster Cobra series can easliy hande the cabinet end (most filks run Cabinet Pro), and it can also cut aluminum. not sure how often you would change-over between aluminum and sheet goods, but i think aluminum filings and cabinet grade work may not mix well.

i know that there are many sheet good machines (4 x 8 + )out there that are very capable of both...

here is a link to a training session:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I could vouch for Shopsabre. I have a Pro404 for my needs.
As for getting into CNC slowly, jump in & go for the 'upgrade' now.
4x8 to 5x10 is common. SS's tables are oversized though (60x50, 60x100 & 72x125)
Camaster is comparable to SS.
Freedom Patriot from DMC

Good point there Tim
At work I put a nice beautiful Walnut Ply sheet down....
Ran the vac & did the cut. Picked it up and seen the misting oils tattoo the Walnut.
Could always drop a 1/4" LDF layer over it for the short runs.

Aluminum goes everywhere you go. Chips galore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts