Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just joined.
It seems that someone here knows everything to do with routers.
Can you answer this one for me:
I need to replace a brush on my ELU MOF98 as the spade terminal broke off it. I have ordered a new brush BUT how do you get the brass brush sleeve out of the white plastic housing?
Nick

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Elu MOF98 Type 1 Router Attach Spare Parts | Miles Tool & Machinery Centre

If you mean the brush, part #4 from the brush box holder, part 78, then the most likely answer is that it slides in from the armature side of the holder. There should be a spring that holds the brush tight against the armature and if the brush and spring were inserted from that direction it would do that.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
Hello Nick, really pleased to see you join the community, welcome to Router Forums!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your response, Miles Tools

On closer inspection, the brass sleeve is part of the white plastic housing. Found the back of the sleeve has slots top and bottom that help lock the bracket that is fastened to the back of the brush's spring. (This is the bracket that the spade terminal forms part of.) Released the teeth from the slots, then the brush, spring and bracket slide out at the back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.