Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something that I have not seen much comment on and wanted to get some advise. I already have what I consider a very good table, but was wanting to make a cabinet for it to set on, be moveable, and do what I want it to do.

I was thinking of a large drawer at the bottom for the router to set into. A second drawer up from that but smaller in height for jigs, templates, etc. A dust collection box right under the router with smaller shelves that will have the bits in next to the dust collection box.

Any suggestions that a person might lead me towards?

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi rh111
Kreg Tool makes a DVD How To Build a router table with the pocket hole system they sale, I did check the web site and they don't list just the DVD but if you have a mate that got one of the Kreg Pocket Hole tools it came with the video, you want to take a look at it, It's a great cabinet for the router and it sounds like what you want i.e big drawer to hold items and router bits, it's like the one Norm (of the NYWS) made but much easyer to make and quicker. :) I would say about 2 1/2 hours to make it from sq.1.

I do have the video and it's a great one.
Bj :)

http://www.kregtool.com/products/pht/index.php

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
There are many storage options for your router and accessories. To get ideas check out the web sites of the various wood working magazines, Shopnotes and the postings on the forums. One thing is for certain: plan on room for more than one router and lots more bits!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.