Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am keenly interested in router woodworking i live in stoney creek ont. there is no school to teach me more about the router woodwork skills . i would like to get videos to use in my shop and when i want to do a certain task i could revert to the video and find outhow to do it.i would appreciate any comments you have on this subject.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
There are many good videos to select from, and each will use different methods to achieve the same results. I highly recommend the Router Workshop videos; Bob and Rick's "simple is better" approach makes the most sense to me. Template Tom has a couple of excellent CD's on the use of templates and guide bushings which will be available here in the very near future. Tom is also working on a DVD which shows the steps from start to finish, a very useful reference. Watch for a posting when these are available. Although it is not strictly about routers, Popular Woodworking Magazine is now offering CD's that contain all the issues from the year. At $20 each these are a super source of information on building jigs and many types of projects. The Taunton press, publishers of Fine Woodworking Magazine has a nice selection of videos on many woodworking subjects. If you want to take a weekend road trip consider visiting the Detroit area, it is about a 4 hour drive for you. I would be happy to guide you to Woodcraft and Rockler retail stores, and you will have the opportunity to meet some of the forum members. I am in the process of planning a spring meeting and depending on the number interested we might take over the classroom at Woodcraft so we can make some sawdust. Meanwhile enjoy the forums.

·
Registered
10 Posts
router video

There's a good video on routing, published by Taunton, and featuring Gary Roskowski of Fine Woodworking magazine> I found it at the local library...maybe yours has it too, or you can order from Taunton Press.

My personal favourite reference on routing is "Getting the Very best from your Router", a book by Pat Warner. I guarantee it'll really open your eyes to possibilities you may not have considered!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.