Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have Always Used Craftsman Brand Routers, But I'm Thinking About Porter Cable For My Next Purchase. Is This A Wise Move?
I Have Noticed That Porter Cable Routers Are Used On The Router Workshop Show. Thank-you Derrell

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Derrell, you will find that any name brand is an improvement over Craftsman with the exception of the #26620 router. That model is a clone of the Bosch 1617 which is built by Bosch and rated 2nd behind the Bosch in the latest comparison testing. Porter Cable builds fine routers as does Hitachi, Freud, DeWalt, the list goes on and on. The reason you saw PC routers on the show was they were the sponsors for those episodes. Early years of the show were sponsored by Hitachi and you saw their product. Browse through the many postings about router choices and you will learn all you need to know to make an informed decision on your next router purchase.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 2 cents is to spend a bit more and get a combo kit..that way you can attach the fixed base to a router table and use the plunge for handheld jobs..like have two routers. Look for a router with Variable speed a must for large bits. PC bosch, there are many good brands.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the 694 model also the 690 a freebee when i bought the delta joiner. I use a freud in the table , just leave it there and have a bosch 1617 combo kit, I guess i am router crazy LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.