Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Makita RF1101 router. Do the Porter-Cable collets fit on them?

rockler.com/product.cfm?p...&filter=collet

The reason I want to know is because I'd rather not use a collet reducer and Makita doesn't make 3/8" collets (needed for my Leigh isoloc jig), but Porter-Cable has them.

Thanks for any insights.

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,902 Posts
I have a Makita RF1101 router. Do the Porter-Cable collets fit on them?

rockler.com/product.cfm?p...&filter=collet

The reason I want to know is because I'd rather not use a collet reducer and Makita doesn't make 3/8" collets (needed for my Leigh isoloc jig), but Porter-Cable has them.

Thanks for any insights.

Master Flex,

Welcome to the forum! I personally would not use any collet that was not specifically designed for your router.

You might be able to find the bits you need with shanks that fit your collets.

Just my 2 cents,

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I've had problems with the MLCS and Rockler reducers. I haven't got a spindle lock on my router so the reducer always wants to drop to the bottom of the collett and jam it.
I haven't tried these yet, but I think I will:
Maintenance - Router Collet Reducers

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi John

Here's a small tip that will save $14.95 ,short 3/8" dowel in the hole 1st. then the reducers in hole :)

========

I've had problems with the MLCS and Rockler reducers. I haven't got a spindle lock on my router so the reducer always wants to drop to the bottom of the collett and jam it.
I haven't tried these yet, but I think I will:
Maintenance - Router Collet Reducers

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Hi John

Here's a small tip that will save $14.95 ,short 3/8" dowel in the hole 1st. then the reducers in hole :)

========
Thanks Bob, will try that tonite. :sold:
Hmmm, wonder why the Rockler rep didn't suggest that??:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the posts guys. I didn't know that my post went up since I checked it after 2 days and it still hadn't posted. Maybe I didn't look in the right spot.

But I ended up going to woodcraft to try their porter-cable collet on my makita and it didn't fit (didn't threading). So I went to leigh (jigs) and bought a collet reducer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts