Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a router fan since watching the first "Router Workshop" series on DIY. I'm amazed at the options provided by a skilled router operator such as the two folks hosting the show. Outstanding !!
I've since purchased bits for a small 1 hp 1/4 " sears router I bought 30 years ago and I've also acquired a nice 1/2 in plunge router and table. My next step is to put these to use building several projects I have designed.
I'm certainly a fan of what the router can do and how nice the work turns out. I'm looking forward to advancing to the point that I build a wall sized book shelf in a nice hardwood. Until then I will learn and hone my skills on small projects.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm trying to locate where I can find a guide pin that is used when not using the fence.I have a 3/8 in hole for the pin and finding a piece of stock that will fit is the question. My table parts did not come with the pin.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Bert

You can use just about anything for a start/safety pin, see snapshot below.

You can pick up some brass rod at most ACE hardware stores for 12.00 bucks for a 3ft.stick.
A little steel wool to at get it true and clean,and it works great and you can always use brass rod for many other jobs a like a drive punch.

I just make some new ones for my router tables, see below.

Bj :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bobj3 said:
Hi Bert

You can use just about anything for a start/safety pin, see snapshot below.

You can pick up some brass rod at most ACE hardware stores for 12.00 bucks for a 3ft.stick.
A little steel wool to at get it true and clean,and it works great and you can always use brass rod for many other jobs a like a drive punch.

I just make some new ones for my router tables, see below.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check my local Ace store for the stock.

·
Banned
666 Posts
Guide pin

Bert Steed said:
I'm trying to locate where I can find a guide pin that is used when not using the fence.I have a 3/8 in hole for the pin and finding a piece of stock that will fit is the question. My table parts did not come with the pin.
Bert
There is no need to go searching too far find a piece of 19mm dowelling and cut a length of and screw or bolt it down. The length will depend on the material to be cut and the cutter to be used.
Tom

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
You're Welcome Bert

You can also use some 3/4" scrap plywood you have around the shop for a quick temp start pin.
Or on the other end you can make a quick start pin jig with a Vac.pickup.

see snapshots below

Bert Steed said:
Thanks for the tip. I'll check with my local ACE store and pickup a length of brass stock. I'm sure I can use it for other things.

Bert

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.