Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with a project...

I've spent 2 weeks trying to cut these shapes and have given up, it's a CNC job.
Hoping to find someone within driving distance of my home in Hurricane, West Virginia but if not I can mail the blank stock to you.
If you're interested please write charlie. ( PM or start a conversation ) for details.
edited. E mail address not good idea on the forum

Charlie

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Not a clue what you are doing, but whatever, doesn't look to me like you would need a CNC to do it. I know I wouldn't. How are you trying to do it, and what is it you are trying to make?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a clue what you are doing, but whatever, doesn't look to me like you would need a CNC to do it. I know I wouldn't. How are you trying to do it, and what is it you are trying to make?
I'm building Trip Line Alarms that set off 12 gauge blank shotgun shells and need help with the shell holder. I've spent a couple of weeks trying to get a router template made but can't get it right. Badly want someone to make them on a CNC.

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
I would have to see the plans for the one you want, not familiar with any that held the rounds that way. And definitely would not make them out of wood.

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
I'm thinking the designs I've seen are a whole lot simpler than what you are trying to do. Do a search for trip wire alarms and look at the pictures of all metal ones. Much simpler, and easier to make, than what I think you are trying to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking the designs I've seen are a whole lot simpler than what you are trying to do. Do a search for trip wire alarms and look at the pictures of all metal ones. Much simpler, and easier to make, than what I think you are trying to do.
There are a few good trip wire alarms on the market, all made of steel but they cost around $30 each. If I can get my design going they'll sell at 4/$30 and should sell well.
I've tested one of my designs made from a fir 2x4 and it worked with no problems. I'm only setting off the primer in the shot gun shell and it doesn't kick much at all. I'll be using oak instead of fir to make the shell holders. Comments please.

Charlie

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Yeah, I've looked at those, and think they are vastly overpriced. I could make similar from scrap, and cost would basically be the price of the spring. Best I can say is good luck, start small, and don't quit your day job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.