Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a milwaukee 5616-24 router. Anyone know if it will work with the new Leigh Super FMT jig? Leigh did not have an answer. Same question for the Freud 3000vce.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Joe and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Hello Joe, and welcome to the forums. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Should work as long as you have the required bit to fit the template of the jig.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
James,

I was asking on the Leigh Super Frame Mortise and Tenon Jig not the dovetail jig.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Joe

They got with it and now have one out for 1/2 the price ,FMT great system.
and yes your milwaukee 5616-24 router will work with it,

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2005727/29327/Super-FMT-Frame-Mortise-and-Tenon-Jig.aspx
http://www.woodcraft.com/Family/2005727/2005727.aspx?tab=videos#videos

"You don't have to dedicate a router to the jig.
It takes only a minute or two to install the included router sub-base, and about as long to remove it so the router can be used elsewhere. Dust extraction is through a 1-1/2" connection at the rear of the jig. Maximum stock capacity is 3" x 5".
The basic FMT includes the universal router sub-base, five 5/16" guides (to make over 20 sizes of mortises and tenons), guide stand, 5/16" spiral upcut bit with 1/2" shank, two cam-action speed clamps, outrigger bars, adjustable sidestop fence, full illustrated user's guide and screwdrivers and mounting hardware"
======

James,

I was asking on the Leigh Super Frame Mortise and Tenon Jig not the dovetail jig.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,

I have the leigh super fmt on order. Through Feb 28 Leigh has a mail in offer to provide the 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" guide templates free.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts