Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing a continual problem with the website not responding and a message button to recover web page. It is a downright nusiance. It happens scores of times just trying to get through the daily new posts. Almost every time I click on a new post or try to return to the posting list this happens. Why? This experience has been occuring for the last two months or so.
Enrico

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
No issues here in Canada . I'm using an iPad Air with Firefox . Rick it may help others figure this out if they more , like your operating system , ISP, browser , fire walls , anti virus , router etc

So your saying this is not happening with other forums? Does the time of day matter ?

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
Enrico
I follow the forum from different Devices pretty much 24 hours a day and have had no problems
could you PM me to give me a location where you are located and I'll send it in to the support group and see if there something wrong in your area
no one else has complained that's what makes me think it may be a localized problem
John

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
none here..

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Reactions: billyjim

·
Registered
813 Posts
web page not responding

I am experiencing a continual problem with the website not responding and a message button to recover web page. It is a downright nusiance. It happens scores of times just trying to get through the daily new posts. Almost every time I click on a new post or try to return to the posting list this happens. Why? This experience has been occuring for the last two months or so.
Enrico
Mine has also done this. I use yahoo mail, and I enter router forum through notifications on my e mail. I found that when yahoo updates additional e mails to my inbox and at the same time I am using router forum it sometimes has to recover the page

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I had a similar problem with my ipad2. The fix was a new iPad Air 2. No more problems. Never was a problem with my pic.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had a similar problem since joining the group, pages sometimes wont change or refresh and just sit " stalled " ( with the windows working icon rotating away ) until I exit the forum and re enter, then it works fine until I leave it idle for a while.

I'm running an acer 5000 series laptop with i5 processor, win 7, ms security essentials, ms firewall.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Happened to my iPad after one of the OS upgrades...had others try it with their iPads and no problems...used my other devices (LG3, laptop, desktop, etc...) and all worked fine. Didn't use the iPad for a while and then as if by magic, all was okay...

Decided Bill Gates went undercover at Apple...

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
I have had a similar problem since joining the group, pages sometimes wont change or refresh and just sit " stalled " ( with the windows working icon rotating away ) until I exit the forum and re enter, then it works fine until I leave it idle for a while.

I'm running an acer 5000 series laptop with i5 processor, win 7, ms security essentials, ms firewall.
I won't say that I haven't had the occasional stall . But nothing to get to upset over , as it could be anything really , and I doubt is was anything to do with this server

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Constant need to "RECOVER WEBPAGE" for this forum

I will try to get this note out before the site drops off line again. I have a desktop Dell with Vista, and make my connections to the Internet via AOL, via Explorer using AT&T Wi-Fi. (I cannot load AOL software directly, as it always results in the blue screen of death. My location is near Akron in OHIO. I have tried to load it several times over the years). My frustration level is severe. This does not happen on any other website I use. The SMC site is a delight to use. When I first registered to become a member of Router Forums everything worked great, but then the site was "upgraded" and, in my view, became cumbersome to use, and now this issue that is beyond my non-electronic comprehension.
Enrico

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
Rick I switched to Classic View with that little window on the bottom left , so it's the same as it was originally

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
To Enrico, Gary, and Nigel: I've notified Admin of your problems and they will respond once they have seen the post. Please keep an eye on this thread for their response as they may need extra information from you.

Anyone else having problems please post to this thread now with as many details about the problem and the hardware and software you are using as possible.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Charles and Rick

Charles, thanks for pushing the mtter up the line.

Rick, you are correct about the "Classic View". I just switched over to it and matters seem to improve considerable. I will keep an eye on this and see if it offers a permanent fix to my issue of ROUTER FORUMS not responding with almost every screen change.
Enrico

·
Registered
32 Posts
Accessing Router forums through Gmail on IPhone 4S and I get the same issues as Enrico.
In addition I get a blank page when I click on a link in a post. Thumbnails and embedded YouTube videos work fine.
I figured it was the phone OS and Gmail that were the problem.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Joe I use an Iphone 4 and gmail and it isn't an issue for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The message below was taken from a collet thread that you posted to Chuck. I was unable to copy them here as a live url link. I click on the url link and get a white page. I am wondering if you can access links by clicking on them.
I also have problems with my pages not loading on another website I frequently visit. It may only have problems loading pages when I am on WIFI. I'll try to keep better notes on what I was doing when my browser has trouble loading a page.
I didn't think that it was an issue with RF but with my phone, browser, and possibly whether I was connected via WIFI.

·
Administrator
576 Posts
Hi guys,
Thanks for all the info, can you please provide some screenshots of the messages and blank screens you are getting? Also, please incluse the URL you are on when you get stuck. Which views are you having issues in?

~Marie, Communtiy Support

1 - 20 of 28 Posts