Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Bill from New York, a retaired Architect who loves woodworking. In watching the "Router Workshop" I became interested in the fence and jig plastic material. I have tried HDPE but need something that can be glued or bonded together. Any suggestions?

·
The Router Guys
768 Posts
bill laubscher said:
Hello, my name is Bill from New York, a retaired Architect who loves woodworking. In watching the "Router Workshop" I became interested in the fence and jig plastic material. I have tried HDPE but need something that can be glued or bonded together. Any suggestions?
What kind of jigs are you building? Can you describe your requirements?

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Welcome Bill

Hello Bill. Welcome to the forums. I like to welcome retiree's, cause I are one. :D Glad you decided to join us. Bob and Rick can help you on your question. Again welcome.

Dave
the "Doctor"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nylon cutting boards found at the cut-price outlets work well, but, usually are limited in thickness to 3/4" and about 18" in length. But, ripped to width, laminated (stacked one on top of another), screwed together and jointed any height can be achieved.
As a suggested adhesive (instead of permanent screws) I would first try a urethane (eg. Gorilla Glue) and then Liquid Nails. Once the joints have fully cured, test the joint strength before using the assembly with any high speed router.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.