Router Forums banner

Router Lift for Makita 3612 C

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JOAT 
#1 ·
Hello friends:

I just bought a Saw Stop and wish to install the router under the extansion table as a Router table but I don´t know which is the best lifter to use in this project:

Wich lifter base do you recomend to fit my 3612C router???

I saw UniLift but is tooooooo (over $ 600) expensive, the other I saw was the Router Raizer RZ100 (under $100).

I also need the plate, wich is the best and why, aluminium or phenolick ???
and what is the recomended thickness ???.

Thanks for your help and recomendations.
Regards to all

#2 ·
I would go with the Router Raizer for two reasons. First it is a great product especially for the money and second because of their customer service. I only had to deal with them once but was it one of the best experiences I have had. As far as the plate I like the Rosseau one but again I'm going by the company customer service. I had a Grizzly that cracked and when I called them all I got was "send it back (at my expense) and they will look at it." I had a Rousseu with a lifetime guarantee that was slightly warped and was told "we will send you a new one out tonight" The grizzly was considerably cheaper but stopped being a bargain when a problem developed.

#3 ·
I don't use a router lift myself, I prefer just popping my router plate out, making my adjustment, or whatever, then popping it back in. But, if I were to install a router lift, I believe I would just go for a screw car jack. Very inexpensive, often free, and works. But your money, your choice. By the way, my router plates are 1/2" plywood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.