Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning to buy the Ryobi Router Table to get started. I am confused about people saying that I don't need a lift.
I assume I need to change height several times during the process of routing. The strong springs on my router make it impractical to reach under the table to adjust router height.
What am I missing?
thanks
Bryan

·
Registered
786 Posts
welcome aboard.....

·
Super Moderator
John
6,958 Posts
:)
Bryan, welcome to Router Forums, glad to have you join us, I'm positive the members of the community would be more than willing to answer any questions you have :)
A router lift is a matter of preference,do need a router lift no, if your able to lift your insert out of the table you probably could get along without it. YOUR CHOICE

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,930 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bryan.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,539 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bryan . I'm sure the resident experts will contribute soon

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Welcome aboard Bryan.

Router lifts are a personal decision--some can't live without one, others don't see the need. With a pair of Bosch 1617's, i'm good without a lift--and for the money to get a really good one i could buy a big Triton router that also works well without a lift.

Is that to say i'll never buy one? No--if the right deal ever comes along (Jessem or Incra, almost new or still new in box, really really cheap)--i'd pick one up because i think it would be handy. Or at least fun to play with.

Do that which is best for YOU Bryan. That's the only right answer there is.

earl

·
Official Greeter
19,066 Posts
G'day Bryan, welcome to the forum.

What router do you have. It helps if you remove the springs for table mounted routers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts