Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks, I just joined this forum because I'm entering the apparently vast knowledge universe of routers, routing, routing jig$ etc. Looking for help and hoping to contribute my experience later. I'm thinking of making a router table and I may buy a Bosch combo router kit to mount under it, but I'm recently bedazzled by information on WoodRats and Router Boss technology. Seems when you go with these latter outfits you can save big on other jigs, thus offsetting the cost.
Anyways that's where I'm at for the present. Glad to be here!
Cheers, Dennis in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
:happy:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, Dennis, and welcome to the forum. I'm new here myself but have used routers for 5 years and built my own router cabinet. Yet, I've already learned a ton of stuff from the people here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello Dennis, Welcome to our forum there is a lot of knowledge here ask away or use the search and your questions will be answered.
Lou

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Hi Dennis. Welcome to our little corner of the 'net.

I'm in Windsor.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Dennis and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcomes

Thanks for all the nice welcoming remarks! Only a few days into this, I've bought a router table and router already. I guess I'd picked up quite a bit already on these forums, enough to make a good choice in some lightly used equipment. I'll post this info separately. Thanks again all. I hope y'all have a great holiday!

:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Dennis,welcome to the Forum. I do own a Router Boss and you are right that it is more than one jig rolled into one. Depending on the size of the Router Boss it probably has more capacity than most jigs out there. A couple of things that blows my mind is the ability to hold tolerances within a few thousandths, and to have repeatablity evan after a month or more, and to not be restricted to sizes to the closest 1/8" (anythig goes). It's more a manual CNC.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcomes etc. all. John K - that's awesome accuracy. I think I may have to graduate to one of those one day - for now I'll stick with my conventional outfit (that I just bought most of) I have a Makita 3612c and a Jessem Router lift. The table that came with is OK for now, but I think I'll build a table of some sort. I like the idea of a table that I can use for other purposes than routing - which is something that the Router Boss can't provide - I've got a small 12 x 20 garage so things have to do double duty.
Cheers
Dennis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts