Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22,207 Posts
I think the aluminum plate is OK, but for my Triton, which is a beast, I popped for the thicker Woodpecker plate. It's close to 1/8th in thicker. The Woodpecker also has what I call the twist lock inserts (same thing as the Kreg), which is so much easier to use than the three tiny little screws the older and cheapie plate have. You can order plates for aspecific routers. The Woodpecker plate is a little larger that my old Rockler plate, so I had to rout out the opening a bit to make it fit. Easy.

·
Registered
22,207 Posts
Sorry, that was supposed to say can’t say I’ve ever seen one.
Nothing wrong with the Kreg plate, but the Triton is a heavy machine and some here have expressed concern about the weight and possibly heat, warping it. The Woodpecker plate is 40% more expensive, but solid aluminum. I didn't find an aluminum plate on the Kreg site. Not sure whether or not they have one. Here's a picture of the Woodpecker Plate....
Circle Auto part Metal Font Composite material

. I have a couple of Woodpecker items, very handsome looking, and most of their stuff is over-engineered.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Ok thanks,Tom
I use the Kreg plate with their levelers on each corner. I have no issues with it using the Triton. I believe the Kreg plate comes with 4 lock in place inserts. They sell more inserts with various sizes for the plate but I haven't seen the need for my uses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts