Router Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older craftsman router model 315.175340. I can't for the life of me get the fixed base off to change to plunge base.. it's been sitting for years like that .. any thoughts ?

any help would be great

thanks

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,960 Posts
The only picture I see online is the plunge base, it has a flip lock to tighten on the body. Does the fixed base have the same? Looks like it should slide out of the base when the clamp is released. Try searching the owners manual section of the forum for that model, it is fairly common

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
heat..
hair dryer level...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
use two hair dryers, position them 180° to each other...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
If it's one of the ones with a plastic ring that turns and adjusts height we've recommended using heat to at least 4 or 5 people that had ones that were stuck and all of them were successful. at getting it to turn. A hair dryer like Stick suggests will work given some time. If you use a heat gun use it on low power so that you don't damage the plastic. If that isn't the problem then a photo would help and you can post one from your own hard drive by using the Go Advanced post option.

Reactions: roxanne562001

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
If it's one of the ones with a plastic ring that turns and adjusts height we've recommended using heat to at least 4 or 5 people that had ones that were stuck and all of them were successful. at getting it to turn. A hair dryer like Stick suggests will work given some time. If you use a heat gun use it on low power so that you don't damage the plastic. If that isn't the problem then a photo would help and you can post one from your own hard drive by using the Go Advanced post option.
we left out clean, polish and dry lube the mating surfaces...

Reactions: Cherryville Chuck

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.