Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

I just pulled the trigger on a hitachi (hikoki) M12VE.

If i want to put it in a table and change height from above @ low $$$ - is the router raizer the best option? does anyone know if it works with this specific hitachi model?

also - hasnet anyone managed to do something similar to the router raizer in a DIY fashion?

Mike

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I don't have that but I have the two before it and the V2 model is capable of above table adjustment. I just don't know if that one is because I haven't had a chance to check one out. On the V2 you remove the bottom plate (black plastic) and there is a 14 mm nut on the end of the threaded adjustment rod that can be turned with a standard socket wrench. I use a mechanic's speeder wrench in 3/8" drive to turn it with. Looks like this one: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B007UTQ2Z6?tag=duc12-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1 You'd have to motorize it to turn it any faster.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Chuck

unfortunately the VE doesnt have that option...it is more like the original (although its more recent - go figure)
i almost bought the V2 - but it was significantly more $$ (about 450 USD more here in Israel !!)

M

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
I have one installed on a hitachi KM12VC never had a problem with it .
I have no trouble recommending it price is right

Reactions: Cherryville Chuck

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
@Chuck

unfortunately the VE doesnt have that option...it is more like the original (although its more recent - go figure)
i almost bought the V2 - but it was significantly more $$ (about 450 USD more here in Israel !!)

M
I kind of thought that the VE was a step backwards what from I could see just handling one in the store. The price difference is shocking. I picked mine up on ebay in the U S for about $270. It was one of the most economical large plunge routers. The Router Raizer has always gotten good reviews on here and if I recall is only around $100. Had I stuck with my M12V in table I might have opted for one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts