Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm in the UK, we have a national DIY chain, B&Q. Will their small router be suitable for doing some hinge and lock work. The router is the UB1020WR Black 1020W. This is the link to the spec if I'm allowed to post links yet :)
Oh no I'm not, this is the B&Q site, w w w dot diy dot com search for the UB1020WR and it will bring up the router details.
Cheers,
Peter.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi

That's a big router for hinge and lock work I would suggest you take a hard look at the T4 router..

Router UB1020WR Black 1020W - DIY - AOL Shopping

Trend T4EK 850 Watt 1.1-HP Variable Speed Plunge Base Router

======

Hi,
I'm in the UK, we have a national DIY chain, B&Q. Will their small router be suitable for doing some hinge and lock work. The router is the UB1020WR Black 1020W. This is the link to the spec if I'm allowed to post links yet :)
Oh no I'm not, this is the B&Q site, w w w dot diy dot com search for the UB1020WR and it will bring up the router details.
Cheers,
Peter.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hi Peter.

The B&Q one is identical to my Einhell one, apart from the colour. Those are good little routers. They are a copy of an old Elu one. I've had mine for several years and been very pleased with it. At that price, you can't go wrong. If you ever need other guide bush sizes, Trend's ones will fit. If you need spare collets, Einhell's UK office in Birkenhead stock them. Bob probably thinks it is bigger than it is.

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Peter

Is about the same size as the one below ?

Amazon.com: Makita 3621 1-1/4 HP Plunge Router: Home Improvement

==========

Hi Peter.

The B&Q one is identical to my Einhell one, apart from the colour. Those are good little routers. They are a copy of an old Elu one. I've had mine for several years and been very pleased with it. At that price, you can't go wrong. If you ever need other guide bush sizes, Trend's ones will fit. If you need spare collets, Einhell's UK office in Birkenhead stock them. Bob probably thinks it is bigger than it is.

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hi Bob

I'm not sure. It could be, judging by the size of the handles.

Actually, when I had a look, there was a link lower down to JVL, who I've bought stuff off before
Hart router bits - JVL europe for diamond bits. They hadn't had them previously. Have you ever seen diamond bits before? I haven't.

The other router is about 2/3rds the size of a 625 and a useful size for smaller hand held work. I've 1/4", 6mm and 8mm collets for it. The 6mm and 8mm ones were standard ones but in the UK they sell the same one with a 1/4" collet, so I got a couple from Einhell in the UK. I use it a lot with an 8mm shank pattern bit for trimming.

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Peter.

Cheers

Peter
Ok Pete,
I will get from B&Q next week when I'm out that way. As you say, good little router at a very good price.
Peter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts