Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being new to woodworking and routing, I tend to watch a lot of how to videos and read Routerforums for some great ideas/helpful comments by contributors. Just watched this great video of a Japanese craftsman building a router table. Even made his own anodised router plate and thought I would share it for anyone interested.

To see the video (47 mins) of him making the table search "JSK-koubou Make a Router table" on You Tube. Sorry I can't paste the link as I'm new to the forum. But well worth watching I think.

I believe the plans are available to buy.

Mike

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Here is the link:
One thing I see about the design I don't like is that the only makeup air going into the box on it has to get past the bit and down around the router. Since the router's fan is trying to push cooling air in that direction he has the DC and the cooling fan working against each other.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Hello Mike and welcome to the forum. This looks like a version of the Norm Abram's build and here is a link to another version of the same that I built.If that causes a problem I can upload the plan and sketchup drawing here.

I've seen various versions of this build with different schemes on the side and lower drawers. Like any plans I use I usually make it mine by making it fit my needs. I have no regrets building this and in my case I bought the router fence and top. Here's a link to the page mine is on. Bottom of page and mouse clicking on the picture will give you a larger version of same picture. One of the best builds use wise in the shop for me.

·
Registered
Paul
2,010 Posts
Hmmm... Steve it looks like Creston Wood, Dan Phalen's web site is no longer available (except on the Wayback site. When I made my table (2018) his site was still going. He posted to Routerforums a few times.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One thing I see about the design I don't like is that the only makeup air going into the box on it has to get past the bit and down around the router. Since the router's fan is trying to push cooling air in that direction he has the DC and the cooling fan working against each other.
Thanks for posting the link Charles.
I agree about the airflow, as it was one of the first things I noticed to.
I liked the video as it showed in detail each of the steps used to make it...good for those with no experience such as myself.
Mike

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thanks for posting the link Charles.
I agree about the airflow, as it was one of the first things I noticed to.
I liked the video as it showed in detail each of the steps used to make it...good for those with no experience such as myself.
Mike
Also wonder how easy extracting the motor for above board tasks would be - the commercial ones usually have an open front/back design for access. My Bosch table works well in that regard...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.