Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Triton router TRA-001 mounted on a woodpecker insert plate in an Infinity tools router table. I have Jessem Mastr fence II on the table. The fence has a good dust collection port. I am wondering if it would be a good idea to also hook up dust collection on the router dust extraction port. If so, how and where can i get an attachment for the port.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,941 Posts
Hi Steven welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John,
I thought I had entered a profile, I know I filled out the profile page. I'm new to the site and it is a bit confusing trying to navigate it. But I will learn it.
Thanks,
Steven

·
Super Moderator
John
6,941 Posts
Steven that signature is on all my Replies just a reminder for participants

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
G'day Steven. Welcome to the forum.

You do not need an attachment for the hose to port connection. The hose should just screw into the port.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
James,
Thanks for the info, just need to find the right hose to screw into the port, there has to be one available somewhere.
How are things down under? I spent a few days there in Sidney in July of 1968, on R&R from Vietnam. Nice place, nice folks there.
Steven

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have Triton routers and I took one to a vacuum repair shop (the fellow said we don't repair those) to see if I could find a hose. They didn't have a new one but we did find a 6 foot used hose in their scrap pile. There were no connectors on each end. I pushed one end into the router port and the other I put into a 2 1/2" vacuum connector. I used man's secret weapon (duct tape) to hold the small hose into the 2 1/2" connector. Malcolm / Kentucky USA

·
Registered
11 Posts
TRITONEER:
Hi You can put the bare end of the right diameter vacuum hose by turning anti-clockwise in the port -the right vacuum hose can be purchased from Tritontools in the DCA300 DUST COLLECTOR KIT.Tritontools are distributed by Kreg in the USA---all the best
Paul -WORKCENTRE CENTRAL

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Thanks Paul, I can never remember the size of the hose......LOL

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,368 Posts
Welcome to the forum Steven.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,007 Posts
The Triton hoses which have an inside diameter of 32mm are a nice push fit onto the dust port. In practice I find that usind the dust port on my fence is far more efficient.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts