Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on milling 8 ft. long pieces of mdf for casings, baseboards, and other pieces related to a wainscotting project and would like a make a manual or power feed systems that would secure the pieces properly. Does anybody have plans or ideas for this? Thanks.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Dave

You can get one from Grizzy, it's best to just buy one ,this type of tool must be right from the get go, I was going to make my own by using the power belt sander and the cost was so much higher than just buying one out right..it can be used on the router table,table saw,RAS, and many other tools in the shop..

G4173 Baby Power Feeder

==========

I plan on milling 8 ft. long pieces of mdf for casings, baseboards, and other pieces related to a wainscotting project and would like a make a manual or power feed systems that would secure the pieces properly. Does anybody have plans or ideas for this? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bob. I downloaded the manual and I'm confused about table saw use. The manual shows the power feeder mounted directly over the blade. How can this happen without damage to the unit? If it can work like this, Would it be a good overarm dust collector for the table saw, as I plan on building one of those as well. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
power feeder

thanks bob. I downloaded the manual and I'm confused about table saw use. The manual shows the power feeder mounted directly over the blade. How can this happen without damage to the unit? If it can work like this, Would it be a good overarm dust collector for the table saw, as I plan on building one of those as well. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Dave

Your Welcome
I'm sure they don't want you to use it that way ,to one side of the blade, I'm sure the person that draw up the info has not use a table saw :) but it would be great for dado cuts ,that I hate to do on the table saw..they do like to lift the stock up and shoot it into the wall on the other side of the shop... :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7YEWn1HArI&NR=1

===========

1 - 5 of 5 Posts