Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum.
I recently purchased a router table at an estate sale. The fence only had a sticker with the company name, Woodworking FasTTrak Inc. I have not been able to find any information about the fence or the company. I think there are some pieces missing but not sure without a manual or some kind of guide. Has anyone heard of this company?

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
@ChrisSjj - Chris, welcome to the forum. Haven't heard of that company but hopefully someone will be along who might be able to help you.

You can post pictures that are located on your computer/device, so if you post pics we might be able to assist you in what's missing.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
@ChrisSjj - Chris, welcome to the forum. Haven't heard of that company but hopefully someone will be along who might be able to help you.

You can post pictures that are located on your computer/device, so if you post pics we might be able to assist you in what's missing.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
@Herb Stoops, @Stick486 - are you guys attached at the hip??:lol:

I realize I double-posted, but I didn't know how to delete my second post. The forum hung while I was submitting a post, then it took me back to the message I had typed, so I submitted it again. Then saw the double post.

I realize I double-posted, but I didn't know how to delete my second post. The forum hung while I was submitting a post, then it took me back to the message I had typed, so I submitted it again. Then saw the double post.

(This whuwhuwhone is jjjjjust for you ttttttwo)

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

edit one and change what ya said...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Reactions: woodknots

·
Registered
8,956 Posts

LMAO I thought I was the only one doing that. It takes for ever when I click "Submit" sometimes that I click again, Or it goes back a page to where my post doesn't show and I post again and it posts twice. There are times where I post and when I come back it is not there, someone else's post is there.
Herb

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Back to the original post, Is there anyone out there that knows anything about the Woodworking FasTTrak Inc. router table fence. I have never heard of it, but surely someone knows something about it to help Chris out. @ [MENTION=215833]chrisjj[/MENTION]
Chris, can you send some pictures so we can see what it looks like?

Herb

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
New to the forum.
I recently purchased a router table at an estate sale. The fence only had a sticker with the company name, Woodworking FasTTrak Inc. I have not been able to find any information about the fence or the company. I think there are some pieces missing but not sure without a manual or some kind of guide. Has anyone heard of this company?

Thanks, Chris
Chris, this is the mention of a miter gauge fence by your FastTrack company that can be used on any power tool with a table. What you are talking about a fence. or a miter gauge?
https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/power-tools/woodworking-discussion-forum/2492-woodworking-fasttrak

This company who's CEO is Mark Duginske is now in an unrelated business, at Woodworking Fasttrak Inc in Merrill, WI - (715) 536-7449 - Profile I think that the tool company went out of business.

Mark Duginski is a well known woodworker and has written lots of books on band saws.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=mark+duginske+wiki&t=ffsb&atb=v80-5&ia=web

"Mark has seven patents on woodworking tools and a number of patents pending. He recently sold his FastTrak patents to Kreg Tool Company. He is the author of ten books including Mastering Woodworking Machines (200488) and the Bandsaw Handbook (200393), which is the best-selling bandsaw book in the world. He has also produced three videos including Mastering Your Bandsaw (220429) and Mastering Woodworking Machines (220425). "

Does this resemble what you are inquiring about?

https://www.finewoodworking.com/2006/03/01/precision-miter-gauge-review

I hope this helps,
Herb

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,059 Posts
I'm pretty sure that at one time if a post was made twice, a message would appear saying something like "this is a duplicate post" then delete it.
Back to the original question, if indeed a router table fence IS meant, then I would suggest making a new very simple TALL one like this one of mine made many years ago and has proved itself to be FAR better than the original complex one. The original one shown proved hopeless and resides collecting dust under my milling machine.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
@harrysin
I'm pretty sure that at one time if a post was made twice, a message would appear saying something like "this is a duplicate post" then delete it.

Yes you are correct, but what happens is that instead of opening it goes to a previous page and opens with no new post. So I think that it didn't post the first time and I type it in again.
Then when it is typed in again and is submitted it opens with as duplicate.

By the way I like the the way you solved your fence problem. I just bought a new Eagle American fence set up to replace mine.

Herb

·
Premium Member
20,455 Posts
The boys have gone off on a tangent. I looked up the company and found the following listing:

Woodworking Fasttrack Inc
W5823 School Ave
Merrill, WI 54452-8122 | view map
(715) 536-7449
woodworkingfasttrak.com

However, it seems they are now just a reseller of other products. I didn't find any other relevant leads to the companhy or to an instruction manual

I suggest you use a camera to take a few pictures, load them onto your computer so you can post them. Fences are fairly standard and if you take a close up or two of the spots you think something may be missing, I'm sure someone here can identify the problem and a solution. If you look just under the box you post in, you'll find a second box labeled Drag and Drop File Upload. Use your file explorer to locate the pictures and drag and drop them and we can probably give you some help.

I wouldn't hold out much hope of finding a manual. Fortunately, fences are not rocket science.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,034 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chris

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
New to the forum.

Thanks, Chris
So what happened to Chris????
Seems like he evaporated after he asked us for help.

Herb

1 - 20 of 38 Posts