Router Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My name is Peter.
I have an ELU mof96 router and wish to know what options there are for a good sturdy router table that will accomodate my Elu

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
Hi, My name is Peter.
I have an ELU mof96 router and wish to know what options there are for a good sturdy router table that will accomodate my Elu
Welcome to the forum, Peter.

Check out our section on building your own router table. There are many designs to choose from.

Do you have a mounting plate for the router?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hi Peter and welcome!

To add to what James says, many router tables will accommodate the MOF96, or the modern equivalents - deWalt DW613/DW615, Trend T5, Perles OF-808, etc - and you could also make your own, although many tables will require a collet extender to make best use of them. There is one further option, the deWALT DE6900 router table which was originally an Elu design specifically made for the MOF96/MOF69 designs but doesn't require a collet extender. Whilst this is a very small table it does include some very useful accessories such as the Shaw pressure guard, a trammel arm, fine depth adjuster and copy arm (allows you to do template routing with non-bearing cutters). The DE6900 can also be used as a horizontal router table as well as being convertible into a sub-base for hardwood lip trimming. If you need/want a bigger router table it could easily be dropped into the middle of a larger router table. I own one of these little tables and it's pretty useful and at £50 or so (in the UK) is a bargain, more so when you realise that the larger and more powerful deWalt DW621 and DW622 routers fit it as well

Regards

Phil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts