Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to switch to a table saw mounted router table and I'm looking for suggestions and some answers. I have a Grizzly G0771z hybrid table saw with left tilt.
Any suggestions for a good cast iron table to match it?
With the left tilt, I'd need to put the table on the right, which is good from a space perspective, but would put the operator between the fence rails, which would be awkward and potentially dangerous.
Has anybody dealt with this before? Any suggestions?
I was considering mounting the table without removing the wing, which would put me less between the rails, and not really taking up more room in my small shop. The saw is on a rolling stand, so I would need to fabricate supports from the stand to the table.
Has anybody done something like this? Any reasons that this is a bad idea?
Thanks
Jude

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Welcome to the forums N/A...

install a large/wide enough extension so that it goes to end of the rails or a fuzz past them..
operate the table principally from the back of the TS (right side of the table)

·
Premium Member
20,480 Posts
My saw has holes drilled on both sides of the extensions, so you might be able to order another extension and use that. I'd certainly call Grizzly to get their suggestions. You could also consider making one from BB ply to fit the exact space. The front and back rails will be your attachment points. Most of the time, you need a pair of support legs on one end that have adjustable height, depending on how well you can attach the top you make to the front and back rails. I've seen some videos on YouTube of extensions like this. At least this can give you a starting point.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,544 Posts
Interesting fence setup...
The fence face looks very similar to mine, but mine detaches and can be locked down on the other side .
I posted a sacrificial fence I built that I could attach when needed . Worked awesome .
I also installed my PC690 in the wing . I turn the fence around and clamp a piece of mdf so that checker plate can’t slip underneath when I’m routing holes in it and lexan .O should make more fences to use the router in the wing more useful , but I’ve got an Incra table I bought for that . Yup, not assembled either lol .
I don’t have a pic of the router installed and I’m runnnig a fever , so I’d probably freeze to death going in the shop right now ,or I post a pic

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts