Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I am again - building a router table in my ( Museum piece Circa 1940) old Delta table saw /jointer. My dilemma is the fence for the router table. The Rip saw fence extends 24". I guess that I could build a common router fence on the opposite side of the rip fence but...there is a dust collection problem. I could make a wide router fence and pipe parallel pipe to a shop-Vac. This presents problems with the screw knobs for the split router fence.

Floor Flooring Machine Television Hardwood

Maybe it is better to build a new Router fence instead? Or sell my restored relic that was my Dad's before me - and by a new cabinet saw with a tilt arbor and a dust collection port!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure if it will give you any ideas or not, but I recently built a router table for my saw. (lower cabinet still under construction)
I designed it so that the router fence can attach to the table saw fence, or be stand alone.
I put the dust collection in one end instead of the middle like most folks do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice work Joe!
Definitely helpful! 2 questions
  1. I see the pins on the rip fence.It looks like the horizontal piece the connects to the rip fence is hinged? or is it removeable?
  2. Why the large T-Track that runs parallel to the router fence?
Thanks loads for your response!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice work Joe!
Definitely helpful! 2 questions
  1. I see the pins on the rip fence.It looks like the horizontal piece the connects to the rip fence is hinged? or is it removeable?
  2. Why the large T-Track that runs parallel to the router fence?
Thanks loads for your response!
I wish I had a pic with it attached to the fence for you,(it's all diassembled at the moment for the cabinet addition) but yes, just imagine those bolts in the top track of the fence going through the horizontal piece and attaching with knobs.
I hinged the top back portion of the fence so I could open it not only to be able to attach the fence to the tables t-tracks ( there's bolts inside for that, that when tightened lock to the track, or retract when using it attached to the saw fence) but also for cleaning or mods or what have you.

The large front track is a combination t-track and miter slot. I expect I'll be using it for featherboards, jigs, clamps, and who knows?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.